Health Mitigation Plan
ARP ESSER III Fund
The purpose of the American Rescue Plan (ARP) Act Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief (ESSER) III Fund is to help safely reopen and sustain the safe operation of schools and address the impacts of COVID-19 on the nation’s students by addressing students’ academic, social, emotional, and mental health needs.
2021-2022 LYNCHBURG CITY SCHOOLS' PLAN FOR SAFE RETURN TO IN-PERSON INSTRUCTION AND CONTINUITY OF SERVICES (UPDATED AS OF JUNE 15, 2022)
This updated document explains how LCS has worked, and continues to work, to maintain the health and safety of students, educators, and other school and division staff during and following the return to full in-person instruction.
The plan will be updated every 6 months, and we would appreciate your input.
Daily COVID-19 Case Count*
*Daily COVID-19 case data reported from September 2020 to September 2022.
Daily COVID-19 Quarantine Count**
**Quarantine data reported from February 2021 to February 2022.
- Symptomatic (having symptoms and diagnosed with COVID): It is safe to end isolation when at least 5 days have passed since symptoms ﬁrst appeared AND you haven’t had a fever for at least 24 hours (without the use of medication), and other signs of illness are improving.
- Asymptomatic (not having symptoms, but tested positive for COVID): It is safe to end home isolation when at least 5 days have passed since the day your test specimen was collected.
- Up To Date Vaccinations: Two shots of Moderna or Pfizer, or one shot of Johnson & Johnson. Less than 5 months from last shot (less than 2 months for Johnson & Johnson). With booster doses(s) when eligible.
- Isolation: Person should stay home and stay away from people, even in their own home.
- Quarantine: Person should stay home. If possible, they should stay away from people in their own home, especially people at higher risk.