To request emergency paid sick leave as provided under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act, please complete the Request for Emergency Paid Sick Leave Form available on LCS Commons and submit to your supervisor or the Department of Human Resources as soon as possible before leave commences. Verbal requests will be accepted until a form can be provided.
- Sick Leave: Full-time employees and part-time employees earn sick leave each month. [see Regulation GCBD-RZ for more information]
- Full-time employees: Sick leave without loss of pay is allowed in the amount of one day earned per contract month. Anticipated sick leave is cumulative and credited to the new employee at the beginning of the contract period. All other employees will earn leave by pay period.
- Part-time employees: Sick leave without loss of pay is allowed at the rate of one day for each month worked. Sick leave days earned will be for regular contract day hours. Sick leave is cumulative and credited as earned.
- Personal Leave: Full-time employees who do not have vacation leave will be advanced two days of personal discretionary leave per year. A maximum of five personal leave days may be accumulated. Any unused personal leave, in excess of five days, will be converted to sick leave at the end of each school year.
- Vacation Leave: Full-time twelve-month administrative and classified personnel earn annual vacation leave. [see Policy GCBD-RU for more information]
- Special Leave: For performance of professional or civic duties
- Sabbatical Leave
- Family/Medical Leave: Up to 12 weeks – (60 days) [see Policy GCBE for more information]
- Illness or Death in Family: Sick leave, not to exceed three days for any one illness or death in the employee's family will be allowed. Family is defined as parent, son, daughter, foster parent, stepmother, stepfather, husband, wife, brother, sister, son-in-law, daughter-in-law, mother-in-law, father-in-law, brother-inlaw, sister-in-law, grandparent, grandchild or relative other than the above if such relative lives in the household of the employee. Absence from duty in this section is charged to the employee's total sick leave account in the same manner as absence due to personal illness or quarantine. [see Regulation GCBD-RV for more information]