Information and Requirements
Thank you for your interest in substitute teaching with Lynchburg City Schools. Only applicants that meet Lynchburg City Schools’ requirements will be notified and scheduled for the orientation.
- Minimum of sixty (60) college credit hours from a regionally accredited college or university. Attach transcripts to the application or send via email to [email protected].
- Successful background check
- Three satisfactory professional references
- Complete the online Lynchburg City Schools’ Employment Application.
- Forward original or a copy of original college transcripts and teaching license (if possessed) to Lynchburg City Schools Department of Human Resources or attach to application.
- Documents will be reviewed to determine if the applicant meets Lynchburg City Schools’ needs. Applicants meeting these criteria will be contacted and scheduled to attend an orientation.
|Education/TERM||Hours Worked||Daily Rate|
|Teacher (Certified)||7.5 hours/day||$175|
|Teacher (Bachelors, but no licensure)||7.5 hours/day||$140|
|Teacher (60+ college credits or Associates Degree)||7.5 hours/day||$115|
|Long-term Teacher (noted above)||7.5 hours/day||Base Daily Rate + $35/day|
** College credit hours from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Preparing and submitting lesson plans
- Grading and assessing students
- Communicating and conferencing with parents/guardians
- Participating in school functions/activities as assigned by the building principal
Applications will be accepted on a continuous basis; however, seating is limited for orientation. If you have any questions about the application process, staff from the Department of Human Resources are available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at (434) 515-5050 or via email at [email protected].