1200-1208 Polk St. (map)
Lynchburg, VA 24504
Phone: (434) 515-5160
Fax: (434) 522-2331
The RODEO program is located in the Amelia Pride Building next to P. L. Dunbar Middle School for Innovation.
What is the RODEO/ISAEP program?
RODEO is an Individual Student Alternative Education Plan (ISAEP) program. It is a voluntary program designed to assist students who are between the age of 16 and 18 years of age in earning their GED while developing career and technical education skills.
Who is eligible to attend the RODEO program?
Students currently enrolled in Lynchburg City Schools who are 16 to 18 years of age and enroll in an Individual Student Alternative Education Plan (ISAEP) through their base schools. Enrollment is based on several eligibility factors and is not automatic.
What are the benefits of attending the RODEO program?
- Students will benefit by earning a GED, gaining workplace skills and preparing for post-secondary education and training.
- The school division will benefit by educating and training a segment of the school community not previously reached.
- Area businesses will benefit by employing the newly-trained individuals.
- The community will benefit by gaining more productive members of the community.
What are the components of the RODEO program?
- Student identification
- Vocational/educational Assessment
- Academic preparation for the GED
- Pre-employment training
- Workplace essential skills
- Economics and Personal Finance class
Hours of Operation
Monday–Friday (two sessions)
Session 1: 8:00–11:00 a.m.
Session 2: 11:45 a.m.–2:45 p.m.
- Lead Teacher: Casey Quesenberry
- Teacher: Rhonda Stephens