Enrollment Day for the 2023-24 school year is August 9, 2023 from 12:30-6:30 p.m.
Enrollment Day is the final step in registering your student for the new school year and attendance is required to complete the registration process. Similar to an open house, Enrollment Day is a great opportunity to visit your child’s school, talk with teachers, and complete all necessary forms. If you have not already completed Online Registration (OLR), you will have the opportunity to do so during Enrollment Day.
Two proofs of residency will be required for all students, new and returning. If you did not upload proof of residency documents during the Online Registration process, and you did not present them at a registration assistance day, you will need to bring those to Enrollment Day. Valid proof of residency includes:
- Current utility bill (gas, oil, electric, water, cable, landline)
- Rent/mortgage agreement
- Current rent receipts with address on receipt
- Closing papers of home purchased
- City registration of vehicle (The City of Lynchburg requires that vehicles be registered within 30 days of moving to Lynchburg)
A driver’s license is not considered a proof of residency.
If you do not have the above, and you and your children are living with someone else in the city, you need to provide the division with the following:
- a notarized letter from the person with whom you are living, stating that the parent/guardian and child are residing with them at this address, and the date they moved to this address; and
- two proofs of residency from the person with whom you are living (the name on the notarized letter needs to match the name on the two proofs of residency).
For more information about registration, please visit our Registration page. We look forward to seeing you on Enrollment Day!