Classroom Innovation Grants support a culture of innovation and provide teachers with the opportunity to request funding to implement exciting and effective projects and programs designed to meet student needs and increase motivation to learn. Each year the LCS Education Foundation awards over $80,000 in grants and as of December 2021, the Foundation has awarded over $1,128,700.00 in Classroom Innovation Grant funding since its inception. Last year’s grants enabled students to monitor invasive beetles in our community, get hands-on experience with laser printing technology, create art at home, update school library offerings to reflect diversity in the school population, and participate in virtual as well as in person theater projects.
Two Levels of Classroom Innovation Grant Funding
Classroom Innovation Grants:
Grants of $500 to $2,000. Approximately 40 are awarded each year for innovative programs or projects. Most applications should fall into this category.
Grants of $2,001–$5,000. Typically up to five are offered each year for innovative programs or projects that are targeted to larger student populations, have a greater scope, or addresses significant challenges or opportunities for focused groups of students.
Timeline for 2021-22 Classroom Innovation Grants
- May 11, 2022 – Classroom Innovation Grants Reception & Progress Reports Due
Timeline for 2022-23 Classroom Innovation Grants
- February 28, 2022 – Announce Grant Program & Applications
- February 28, 2022 through May 8, 2022 – Applications Accepted for Spring Grant Cycle
- May 16, 2022 through September 25, 2022 – Applications Accepted for Fall Grant Cycle
- June 10, 2022 – Grant Notification Issued for Spring Applications
- October 28, 2022 – Grant Notification Issued for Fall Applications
- May 10, 2023 – Annual Grants Reception and Progress Reports Due
First Year Sponsors
The LCS Education Foundation Welcomes Our First Year Sponsors!