Classroom Innovation Grants support a culture of innovation and provide teachers with the opportunity to request funding to implement exciting and effective projects and programs designed to meet student needs and increase motivation to learn. Each year the LCS Education Foundation awards over $80,000 in grants and as of June 2023, the Foundation has awarded over $1,207,911 in Classroom Innovation Grant funding since its inception. Last year’s grants enabled students to create, produce, and perform original music, get hands-on experience with science and environmental issues through outdoor experiences in the community as well as through gardening projects on school grounds, try their hands in vocational careers while learning job seeking skills, and provided at unique experience with living history through the presentation of the play Buried Deep.
Two Levels of Classroom Innovation Grant Funding
Classroom Innovation Grants:
Grants of $500 to $2,000. Approximately 40 are awarded each year for innovative programs or projects. Most applications should fall into this category.
Grants of $2,001–$5,000. Typically up to five are offered each year for innovative programs or projects that are targeted to larger student populations, have a greater scope, or addresses significant challenges or opportunities for focused groups of students.
Timeline for 2023-24 Classroom Innovation Grants
- March 20, 2023 – Announce Grant Program & Applications
- March 20 through May 7, 2023 – Applications Accepted for Spring Grant Cycle
- May 15 through September 24, 2023 – Applications Accepted for Fall Grant Cycle
- Week of May 29, 2023 – Grant Notification Issued for Spring Applications
- October 27, 2023 – Grant Notification Issued for Fall Applications
- November 10 through 26, 2023 - Applications Accepted for Winter Grant Cycle
- Week of December 11, 2023 - Grant Notification Issued for Winter Applications
- May 8, 2024 – Annual Grants Reception and Progress Reports Due
First Year Sponsors
The LCS Education Foundation Welcomes Our First Year Sponsors!