We’re excited to tell you about a free program, ENGAGE Virginia, that will provide your student with an extra layer of academic support this school year. Here’s what one parent had to say about this program:
“I couldn’t ask for better dedication and support for my daughter. Our Academic Success Coach is a blessing and has incredible energy. I love how she got my daughter out of her shell and talking more (and finding her voice to speak up more). Thanks to our coach and this program,my daughter loves school and learning again. This program is the best thing that could ever happen for my daughter and me!” — ENGAGE parent
The state has partnered with Graduation Alliance to provide an extra layer of support for K-12th grade students and their families to boost school engagement and academic success during the school year.
If your student chooses to participate in the program, they will be assigned an Academic Success Coach who will answer questions, connect them with resources, and develop a plan to help them stay on track and engaged with their schooling!
Their coach will reach out by phone, email, text message, and more to provide support such as:
- Encouragement and motivation to help them stay on track with their studies
- Organization and study tips
- Technical support or assistance connecting with teachers
- Educational resources and exercises to help strengthen reading and math skills
- Referrals to local agencies and organizations that can provide social-emotional support